Pages

Friday 25 March 2011

Childlike Wonder

This model used by Stephen R Covey in the 8th Habit demonstrates the relationship between all aspects of our life. That is each one of the elements impacts the other. So far in this blog this month I've shared my suggestions on how changes to your mind and body can significantly impact your life. This week I want to touch on the impact our Heart and our emotions can have. There's lots I could say but I was hoping I'd find a story from life to share and only got that last night!




Talk on the Chris Evans show of the new Chitty Chitty Bang Bang stories took me back to when I saw the musical. I just love musicals and when Chitty flew into the auditorium I'm not sure there was a child in the theater who had a smile wider than me :-). Which had me reminiscing about the Mary Poppins musical and the fabulous dancing to supercalifragilisticexpialidocious - or rather to suoicodilaipxecitsiligarfilacrepus. And then what about when Bert tap dances his way up the side and along the top of the stage curtains! Which meant last night there I was listening, and yes even dancing and singing, along to some of my favourite songs from musicals (you might want to turn your sound down little before using any of the links):




  • Seasons of Love from Rent - how do you measure a year?



  • Defying Gravity from Wicked - I still get goosebumps



  • Circle of Life from Lion King - what about those costumes?





  • Which had me remembering other acts that have amazed and inspired me:
    Cirque du Soleil - La Nouba - the trampoline sequence just has to be seen





    and finally I moved onto my other sing along at the top of my voice songs including:
    Affirmation from Savage Garden





    It's easy to buy into the current situation and believe it's that that's making us feel as we are - especially when it's not as we'd like it to be. We're upset because X did or said Y to us. The reality is we have a choice how we react and sometimes when life is getting us down we simple need to find that child like wonder to get that spring back into our step.




    What would bring some child like wonder into your life this weekend?




    Alison




    PS I've so loved revisiting these again this morning and hope you all have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious weekend.

    No comments: