Pages

Friday 16 October 2009

They just started munching earlier

I've been finishing writing my book this week (I'm up the creek without a paddle - get me out of here) and have had time to reflect on all the learning I've shared in blogs, newsletters, emails and when using the Frameworks for Change process in coaching and with groups.

One of the highlights for me has been a session I facilitated with other business leaders entitled 'Keeping on track in a downturn'. I was reflecting today which of the key actions I still had to embrace to fully keep out of the creek and on track.






  • understand and experience team work



  • connect with our wisdom



  • express kindness



  • don't make commitments without the means to fulfill them



  • have faith



  • take time to offer support to others



  • be flexible



  • don't allow disappointment or resentment to set us back



  • don't get caught in the rat race to the top



  • express authenticity



Faith certainly is one - faith that I'm doing everything I need to do to make things happen. I've set a date to review the plan so faith also not to keep stopping and amending the plan but to keep moving forward with confidence.




The other action is to ensure I don't allow resentment or envy and the disappointment linked to these to creep back in. Disappointment that things haven't happened quicker, envy that others are back in their flow already. Of course faith comes in here. Faith that it will happen all in good time - the caterpillar needs to munch a few leaves before the butterfly can emerge. Others just starting munching earlier than me :-).




What about you - which of the above do you need to be more aware of to ensure you keep on track?

No comments: